Friday, January 01, 2010

Sweet Beginnings

Today has been fun.

It is the start of being raw. And by happenstance it started on the 1st of the year, which I find just lovely.

So, for those of you who don't know, which probably outweighs those who do, my husband and I are going raw... Gradually over 3 months, in 2 week increments: 50% raw, 75% raw, 100% raw, 75% raw, 70-75% for the rest of our lives... This is our goal, which does not assume perfection, just a goal to be healthy. And because life is FUN and we want to be well while we're here, enjoying this life.

Today's goal: 50%... Achieved: indeed....

What did I eat?

Breakfast: Smoothie, toasted blueberry bagel...

Lunch: skipped, had company and just got side tracked (we had a late breakfast though...)

Dinner: Chili (We did not want to waste what we had left in the fridge, so we ate it despite, but that's the last of the meat!)...

Snacks: Orange, Banana with Peanut Butter...

I must say, it's not that difficult being 50% raw, but we are also cutting out meat and sugar, then during the 75% phase we will also cut out all dairy. So, that makes it a bit more difficult.

This is the beginning and I am completely excited for this journey.

Looking forward to all the wonders yet to create...

Love Love,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Good start. I will be watching . . . jk, well not really kidding because I WILL be watching. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete